My idea of an alien abduction happening at a cabin in the woods. My newest addition, but probably my favorite yet. This was done at the Full Moon Tattoo and Horror Convention in Nashville, TN. By Chris Wednesday of Brooklyn, NY.
Dear employers, I will have to take the day off today because:
☐ It’s December and the streets are papier-mached with wet bronze leaves and it’s so dark outside that the cars have their headlights on at 3pm
☐ I have recently been through a breakup, or I have been through a breakup at any time in my life really, and I woke up today with the absolute conviction that I will never be loved again
☐ A dog looked at me
☐ I got a text from someone for whom I feel a mix of concern and frustration and recognition and longing that is both more and less than romance
☐ Someone made a joke about dead pets meeting you in heaven
☐ Daylight savings time
☐ I passed a knot of flowers that were so bright they glowed through the dim grey water of the day and when was anything in my life last that luminous?
☐ Girls are too pretty
☐ For the first time I genuinely comprehend that there is not enough time to have all the lives I wanted
☐ I accidentally listened to Leonard Cohen
#BLAST FROM THE PAST
So I was looking through the itunes library on this computer, which I used in high school, and I found a bunch of really strange and mostly unlabeled music.
- There was a song called “Atomic Food” which was literally just someone listing foods in a monotone, getting progressively faster.
- This is right next to what is certainly Ella Fitzgerald’s “A-Tiskit, A-Taskit.”
- Stacy’s Mom
- "When the Word Ends" which ends abruptly and I don’t know if it’s trying to be meta or if it’s not the full song?
- The entire original soundtrack to the Mikado (so racist, holy shit)
- A bunch of really over the top Jewish music, sung by impressively earnestly shmatzy cantors
- A SONG THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN THEME MUSIC BUT ALSO A PUNK BAND?????
- Several tracks of electro music softly in the background and people talking in a way that makes them sound like they are in the room with me and i am sitting here naked and feeling really awkward
- “something smells fishy and I don’t know what/but I got a hunch it’s that lady/I’m a little bit country and a little bit punk/got a pistol named sunny that whistles when he’s rubbed”
- A really terrible quality 20-minute live recording which can really only be described as a ska ballad?
- Drunken laughter giving way to someone saying I hope I get smacked tonight and talking about their wet toes
Clearly I was the subject of some highly unethical psychological experiment and was actually a really cool teenager and my memories of trying to be emo are all false
"You learn more about a person at the end of a relationship than at the beginning."
I’ve come to the conclusion that Sam and Dean would take one look at Night Vale and burn it to the ground, civilians be damned.
i’ve come to the conclusion sam and dean would drive into night vale and spontaneously combust from being exposed to sexual and racial diversity and women who don’t die within a week
I have been experiencing and observing WAAAAYYYY more transphobia than ever before. I am posting these here, now, as a reminder to end transphobia and to respect boundaries.
STOP ASKING TRANS* FOLKS ABOUT THEIR GENITALIA.